Kolkata Knight Riders vs Auckland Aces – CLT20 2011 – 2nd Qualifier Match
September 19, 2011 : It’s the first year of the qualifying stage being introduced into the Champions League and the 2nd match of the tournament will be contested between Kolkata and Auckland. Kolkata and Auckland will be fighting for a spot into the main draw of the tournament and they must win this to have a chance of that happening. Both teams have their eyes set on a big win as both teams have stunning individuals who can turn a game on it’s head so it should be a hard fought game.
Kolkata managed to scrape through into this inaugural tournament after placing 4th in the IPL this year meaning a spot in the qualifying stage. The Knight Riders will be tipped as the team to get through easily into the main stage but they face many obstacles if that is the plan. They will be without their captain Gambhir as he has still failed to recover in time for the 1st match.
Match – CLT20 2011 2nd Qualifier Match
Date – September 19th,2011 (Monday)
Time – 14:30 GMT | 20:00 IST
Venue – Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
They also have other key players missing this fixture with Morgan out with injury and Haddin, Y Pathan and ten Doeschete with national commitments. Kolkata are not famous for their big totals but they do have secure batsman like Tiwary and Kallis at the top to provide some stability early on. Iqbal Abdulla will be a major weapon on the Indian surface as he did well during this seasons IPL with 16 wickets.
Auckland are here in India because they won the HRV Cup in New Zealand and will have the fantastic opportunity to progress through the tournament. The squad they have brought over to India includes a lot of former and current New Zealand internationals meaning their will be lots of experience for the Auckland side. The bowling attack is lead by Andre Adams who stood out in the HRV Cup picking up 13 wickets at 6.00 an over. The batting line up doesn’t include one individual who stood out above the rest as the scores will built around a team effort from the batsman who are Vincent, Jimmy Adams, Munro and Grandhomme but will be overjoyed to have a player of the calibre of Guptill in the team who is very dangerous in the T20 format when he gets going.
Auckland Aces [New Zealand]: Andre Adams, James Adams, Michael Bates, Colin de Grandhomme, Martin Guptill, Roneel Hira, Gareth Hopkins, Anaru Kitchen, Bruce Martin, Chris Martin, Kyle Mills, Colin Munro, Daryl Tuffey, Rob Quiney, Lou Vincent
Kolkata Knight Riders [India]: Jacques Kallis, Rajat Bhatia, Laxmipathy Balaji, Manoj Tiwary, Ryan ten Doeschate, Yusuf Pathan, Iqbal Abdulla, Shakib Al Hasan, Brett Lee, Manvinder Bisla, Brad Haddin, Shami Ahmed, Jaidev Unadkat, Gautam GambhirTags:Champions League, Champions League T20, CLT20, CLT20 2011, CLT20 Live, CLT20 Qualifier Match Live, Cricket, Cricket News
Random IPL Cricket Updates
- Kolkata Knight Riders vs Auckland Aces – CLT20 2011 – 2nd Qualifier Match – Scorecard
- Auckland Aces Team Final Squad for CLT20 2011
- CLT20 2012 – Qualifier Match 1st – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Auckland Aces – Scorecard
- CLT20 2012 – Qualifier Match 1st – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Auckland Aces – Preview
- Somerset vs Auckland Aces – CLT20 2011 – 4th Qualifier Match – Scorecard
- CLT20 2012 – Qualifier Match 1st – Kolkata Knight Riders vs Auckland Aces – Result
- Auckland Aces CLT20 Squad 2012: Auckland Team for CLT20
- CLT20 2012 – Qualifier Match 3rd – Auckland Aces vs Hampshire – Scorecard
- Somerset vs Auckland Aces – CLT20 2011 – 4th Qualifier Match – Result
- CLT20 2012 – Qualifier Match 2nd – Sialkot Stallions vs Auckland Aces – Scorecard